I am an American attorney
- living and working in Norway,
- writing for publication, and
- working with the U.S. tax return filing needs of American citizens who live abroad.
- doing your U.S. personal income tax return if you are an American living overseas
- assisting you with your U.S.- Norway legal consulting needs or referral to Norwegian attorneys
- teaching legal and specialty English courses for you or your company - on site or online.
I work to meet your related needs with personal, professional and quality service.
I am currently providing the following consulting services
- For more information about my services, e-mail me at: email@example.com.
- Due to excess demand, I currently accept inquiries from potential clients only by e-mail.
- Note: As an actively licensed American attorney, I must include certain information on this website:
- This site may be considered "attorney advertising."
- The information provided on this website is not providing legal advice.
- The information on this website does not create a client relationship.
- Direct contact with me and request for my services may result in a confidential client relationship.
Global Services: From Norway to you - wherever you are
Click here to edit text
- Acknowledgments: The blue eagle is the logo insignia of Edvenson Consulting.
- The above images are used with permission of the animation artist, at www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide.
- The webmaster is: June Edvenson. The web host is "Webs.com."You are visitor number:
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?
- It's 2023 - Happy New Year!
- The 2022 U.S. return filing season will begin this Spring. Thanks to the many Americans who trust my work in this area. It's actually great working with you!
- Persons learning of their U.S. return filing obligations are doing catch-up return sets at any time of the year.
- Good news: The IRS has announced it has hired several thousand new customer service staff with a focus on, among other things, better phone assistance and responsiveness. Thanks, President Biden!
- During the winter off-season, I continue to take on new clients, and I remain Norway's only IRS PTIN-registered U.S. return preparer. I'm also working with a partner in the states who assists me with new demand for services for Americans in Norway.
Don't be scammed!
The IRS release a lit of 'Dirty Dozen' tax scams each year. You will find the latest one at www.irs.gov. Here is a recent list: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-unveils-dirty-dozen-list-of-tax-scams-for-2020-americans-urged-to-be-vigilant-to-these-threats-during-the-pandemic-and-its-aftermath
In 2021, they added to that list. From their advice, I suggest focus on these:
-Do not take verbal (non-wriitten) tax return form advice from anyone who does not hold an actively licensed and registered PTIN.
-DO DEMAND the PTIN number of persons who wish to give you US tax return advice. Keep copies of their statements for your records. Report unlicensed actors.
-Do not be 'warned into' filing forms you do not owe to the IRS.
-NEVER just show your US tax return to anyone who asks to see it. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances when you would need to show your US Return to anyone.