I am an American attorney
- living and working in Norway,
- writing for publication, and
- working with the U.S. tax return filing needs of American citizens who live abroad.
- English language editing and consulting services
- doing your U.S. personal income tax return if you are an American living overseas
- assisting you with your U.S.- Norway legal consulting needs or referral to Norwegian attorneys
- teaching legal and specialty English courses for you or your company - on site or online.
I work to meet your related needs with personal, professional and quality service.
I am currently providing the following consulting services
Global Services: From Norway to you - wherever you are
- Acknowledgments: The blue eagle is the logo insignia of Edvenson Consulting.
- The above images are used with permission of the animation artist, at www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide.
- The webmaster is: June Edvenson. The web host is "Webs.com."You are visitor number:
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?
- Americans overseas have completed their 2019 US return filings.
- The 2020 return filing season begins this Spring, 2021.
- Persons learning of their filing obligations are doing catch-up return sets at any time of year.
- The IRS is understaffed and swamped with millions of paper filings due to the effect of corona on their workplaces, hours, and efforts to keep the pandemic contained.
- Wear a mask. Social distance. Be personally and individually responsible for yourself and others. It's not always easy to care about those you don't know - do it anyway, especially now.
Don't be scammed!
The IRS has recently released it's 'Dirty Dozen' tax scams, this year including some related to the payments of Economic Incentive Support to Americans, many of whom have been - and continue to be - seriously affected by the global corona pandemic. You'll find it here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-unveils-dirty-dozen-list-of-tax-scams-for-2020-americans-urged-to-be-vigilant-to-these-threats-during-the-pandemic-and-its-aftermath
-Do not take verbal (non-wriitten) tax return form advice from anyone who does not hold an actively licensed and registered PTIN.
-DO DEMAND the PTIN number of persons who wish to give you US tax return advice. Keep copies of their statements for your records. Report unlicensed actors.
-Do not be 'warned into' filing forms you do not owe to the IRS.
-NEVER just show your US tax return to anyone who asks to see it. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances when you would need to show your US Return to anyone.
Ask me for more information if you wish a practical, knowledgable legal opinion on this.